Wednesday, June 22, 2011

3a.m. Feedings = Insightful Moments

You know, I never really thought much about the actual delivery when I was pregnant. My biggest concern and "fear" was the middle of the night feedings. Well, I don't know if it's because I'm not transitioning from "Party girl," waking up at 11am or noon, to "NEVER SLEEP AGAIN girl," like I did with our first, but it's actually not as bad as I imagined! Don't get me wrong, I'm not loving waking up at 3am to feed anyone (jeez, that sounds really mean), but it's easier with this baby and it gives me an hour to think, reflect, ponder and whatever other insightful word you want to insert here.
Last night or better yet, this morning, at approximately 3:15 I was thinking about faith. Yes, faith. Not what type of workout to do today or what to make for dinner, but faith. It's a touchy subject, but I was thinking of it on a personal level and how I need more of it. Going to church does not mean I acquire faith. Saying I have faith does not mean I acquire faith. I need faith right now! So at that time I began praying for my dad. As some of you know my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and our family has been upside down since then. So I ask all of you, my friends, to pray for him as well, because after all I do have faith that he'll get better.

6 comments:

Fauxfoodiegirl said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad....hope he is getting better! My 3am feedings thoughts are - "how fast can I get back to bed?" ;)

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your post today in many ways, even though I didn't have to wake up at 3am to feed a baby, as I have also recently struggled with the issue of faith. I will continue to pray for him and for your family, as I too have faith that he will get better. Love you friend.
Claudia

Aye said...

Speaking from experience - The power of prayers are very powerful and I am sure you will the positive results very very soon..! You can count on my prayers, especially during my nights' feedings which they are many!!! :) God Bless your family!

Yani said...

I love this!!!! Faith is believing that which you can not see....that's how faith is acquired, believing the unseen. How easy is it to believe what you CAN see? It's a beautiful thing to let go of our worries and let God do his awesome work! :o) I had no idea about your dad, he and your family will be in my prayers! Keep this going love, it's great!!!!

In Motion Mama said...

Thank you all for your well wishes!

Ivette said...

Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death. ~Author Unknown

Believe Mirna that God gives your family all that he knows you can handle. I am keeping your father in my prayers! Love you!!! xoxo