Monday, July 25, 2011

Is that milk or are you excited to see me?!

Let me tell you, breastfeeding and exercising is not a delightful combo! Although it is said that it is "beneficial," I have to watch and make sure I get the adequate amount of calories in my body. I have to strategically make sure my work outs are not too close to feedings, I have to wear extra supportive sport bras, and I get sooooo thirsty it feels like I'm drinking more than working out. I am used to working out hard. I am the type that if I'm not sweating (which is very hard for me to do) and my heart rate is not rising, I feel like I'm wasting my time. When I walk, I get impatient! So exercising "moderately, " which is what they say is ok when you are breastfeeding, is a very difficult thing for me to do!  Another thing I've noticed is that Baby weight #2 is much harder to get rid of. Some of my 2nd time mom friends had mentioned this, but I never believed it. I guess working out hard is just what this body needs!! Here's my mantra: "I will get my abs back, I will get my abs back" I wonder what my belly thinks of that? Ha!  Here are my abs last summer before I got pregnant... my inspiration:

Not a six pack, but good enough for me! "I will get my abs back, I will get my abs back"

!
 I'm not gonna lie, I haven't been walking in a while! It is HOT out there man! If you are not at the beach, there is no need to be outside. Even if I do get out there by 8:30a.m., it is just way too much for the baby to endure for a minimum of 30 minutes. But...I did start the gym again!!! YAY! I'm very excited about this because I get to go to my all time favorite group exercise class-Lucy's Kwando class on Wednesday nights in Pembroke. If you are a member of Bally's and are just a bit crazy, you MUST try this class. I'm telling you, there are grown men that can't even handle her class. She works out every muscle on your body and concentrates on abdominals the last 10 minutes of the class. Besides that class, I make it there whenever hubby or mom can watch the kids. Don't enjoy the treadmill or any other machines, but once you get started it's not so bad. What's your favorite workout at the gym?

No comments: