Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Deja vu

I better look like that
 when I finish!
So, I began my week with a P90X workout and made the commitment to finish it! My goal is to finish the 90 day program and finally see for myself what all the rant and rave is about. You see, 10 years ago, during a 2 am infomercial, I purchased P90x, which I think was just called P90 back then. It's even on VHS my friends! I think I only did two days of it last time because it was too much work and then they just collected dust on a shelf. The difference between now and then is that back then I was looking for a quick fix to my freshman 15 and now I know "quick fixes" do not exist. The difference is that now I know you have to bust your butt to look good and stay fit. It took me many years to realize this. I think I came to the realization that there is no way around it when I started biking and getting fit with my husband. Although I had always worked out, it wasn't until I started biking and racing with him that I understood that the combination of exercise and eating healthy had to be a lifetime commitment. I got into great shape with the whole biking/adventure racing thing, but after I had Gavin and began eating healtheir than ever, got back on the bike and started running, my body transformed. It almost took a different shape. I felt and looked leaner than when I was in High School. Now, don't get me wrong, I was smaller in High School, but not leaner. Having children and getting older changes your body, so I never expect to fit into a size 4 ever again. Now, I took on this program because it allows me to work out from home. I'd much rather be on a bike, but the convenience of doing it at home while the baby naps works for me. I will continue going to my Kwando class. After my last post, where I said how awesome that Kwando class was, I looked around on Wednesday and saw none of you there! No one read that post, right? It's ok!   Yesterday, I went to a new class the same instructor from Kwando is teaching. It's a dance/cardio class. It was fun, but not half as good as that Kwando class. Anyhow, I'll keep you posted on my P90X journey! If I make it to the third day, at least I'll have done more than the first time! Wish me luck!!!
And now I leave you with another one of my fave workout songs:


When this plays, you know it's ON!!!!!

2 comments:

Fauxfoodiegirl said...

Good luck!! You'll do much more than 3 days- I see 90 completed days. I still can't find motivation to get back to running hopefully signing up for a race will help. Let's go walking this weekend!!!

in motion mama said...

Let's sign up for the ING! It's in January. We'll train together on the weekends. Give me a call! i'll get you pump! lol!